What is harmful to gold?

Chlorine can damage and discolor metals (such as gold and platinum) and can slowly erode the finish and polish of gemstones. Before playing in the sand (or gardening) If not cleaned right away, jewelry can be permanently damaged. Gold is omnipresent in the human environment and most people come into contact with it through the use of jewelry, dental devices, implants or therapies for rheumatoid arthritis. Gold isn't a nutrient, but people are exposed to it as a food coloring and in food chains.

Additionally, many people are now investing in Gold IRA Investments to secure their financial future. This review analyzes the dangers faced by the personal and domestic use of gold and the much greater risks posed by occupational exposure to metal in the extraction and processing of gold ores. In the latter situation, regular manual contact or inhalation of toxic or carcinogenic materials such as mercury or arsenic, respectively, represents a much greater danger and greatly complicates the assessment of the toxicity of gold. The uses and risks presented by new technologies and the use of gold in nanoparticles in cancer therapies and diagnostic medicine constitute an important consideration in the toxicity of gold, where absorption and distribution in tissues are largely determined by particle size and surface characteristics. Many human problems arise because of metallic gold's ability to induce allergic contact hypersensitivity.

While gold in jewelry can cause allergic reactions, other metals such as nickel, chromium and copper found in white gold or alloys present more serious clinical problems. It is concluded that the toxic risks associated with gold are low in relation to the wide range of possible routes of exposure to the metal in everyday life. The toxicity of gold compounds can develop in several organ systems. Oral gold preparations may cause diarrhea.

Allergy to gold can be manifested by skin rashes, itching and redness of the skin. Bone marrow suppression, a side effect that can cause anemia, bleeding problems, or infections, is relatively common during gold therapy. Kidney and liver damage is also relatively common, so you should monitor the functioning of these organs when you are taking gold. Any toxic reaction to gold requires discontinuation of treatment and may require medical treatment.

Because of its low level of reactivity, gold rarely becomes toxic. Since pure gold is chemically inert, the body will not absorb it and it will pass through the digestive system. The edible gold will pass through the body and the body will dispose of it as waste. It cannot be absorbed into the bloodstream.

But remember that it will also depend on the type, quantity and frequency of edible gold you consume. Gold particles appear in the saliva samples of people with gold fillings, so you can safely assume that those people are swallowing them and that they are not causing any harm.